- Use covered luggage tags and use a business or friends address
- Use luggage with rollers and pack light
- Have your bags clearly labeled and remove old claim tags to avoid confusion
- Use the toilet closest to the wall and put your things in the corner
- Talk to the flight attendants about the area you are visiting, ask for tips on where to go
- Hire a taxi to lead your rental car from the airport to the expressway.
- Don't stop if someone tries to get your attention or if your car is bumped until you get to a lighted and busy area.
- Rent a mobile phone or bring your own.
- Bring a compass so you know your driving direction.
- Keep all items away from view in your car, including maps and guidebooks.
- Do not rent hatchback cars
- If you are leaving your car at the airport, remove all the valuables from the car.
- Write your space and section number down on your return airline ticket.
- Leave your parking stub hidden in your car since it could be easy to lose on your trip.
- If you are parking under cover, look for a space next to a support, it will reduce your chances for door dings.
- Study an area map before you arrive at your destination.
- Dress down and do not look like a tourist.
- No jewelry even fake gold.
- Wear a money belt, looped into your belt loops.
- Keep valuables away from the street side.
- Only carry one credit card and photocopies of important documents with you.
- Become familiar with foreign currency before you have to use it.
- If you must ask directions, ask families or women with children.
- Remove id tags if you have been at a meeting.Lodge a rubber door stopper under hotel door for extra security.
- Pack a small flashlight with fresh batteries